Weekly Attendance Update
Please click on the link below to view the school attendance in school for the week ending Friday 18th May 2018.
Requesting Leave of Absence
Further to the Attendance Policy – please read below information in regards to Requesting Leave of Absence
The Education (Pupil registration) (England) regulations state that Headteachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
The following are examples of agreed exceptional circumstances to guide Headteachers when considering leave of absence requests.
Before deciding whether to authorise leave of absence Headteachers will consider
- The impact on the student’s academic progress of any absence
- The pupils attendance over the academic year
- Whether the leave falls within any key stage national tests or exams.
Examples of exceptional circumstances where leave may be granted during term time:
- Funeral of parent, grandparent or sibling – Headteachers should use their discretion having heard from parents about travel and funeral arrangements and taking into account the distance to be travelled
- Sudden loss of housing through eviction or domestic violence – up to a maximum of 3 days.
- Serious illness of a close relative – only if Headteacher is satisfied that the circumstances are truly exceptional
- Out of school programmes such as music, arts or sport operating at a high standard of achievement and agreed by the LA – as appropriate
- Time-off relating to Child Entertainment Performances, subject to a license being issued by Education.
There is no legal entitlement for leave in school time to go on holiday and in the majority of cases holiday will not be authorised.
A Special Leave Request Form can be found at the bottom of this page.
School opening and closing Times
EYFS – NURSERY
Nursery AM: 08:30 or 09:00 – 11:30
Nursery PM: 12:30 – 3:00pm or 3:30pm
All day provision is available at a cost.
EYFS – RECEPTION
8:35 am – Gate opens
8:55 – gate closes
11:30 – 12:30 – Lunch time
3:00pm – end of school
KEY STAGE 1 (Years 1 & 2)
8:40 am – Gate opens
9:00 – gate closes
10:30 – 10:45 – Break
11:45 – 12:45 – Year 1 lunch
12:00 – 1:00pm – Year 2 lunch
Flexi-break in the afternoon
3:10pm – Year 1 & 2 end of school
KEY STAGE 2 (Years 3 – 6)
8:30 am – Gate opens
8:55 – gate closes
11:00 – 11:15 – Break
12:15 – 1:15pm – Lunch Break
3:15pm – End of school
Parent participation is the ingredient that makes the difference. Parents’ active involvement with their child’s education at home and in school brings great rewards and has can have a significant impact on their children’s child’s lives. According to research studies, the children of involved parents:
- are absent less frequently
- behave better
- do better academically
Research also shows that a home environment that encourages learning is even more important than parents’ income, education level, or cultural background. By actively participating in their child’s education at home and in school, parents send some critical messages to their child; they’re demonstrating their interest in his/her activities and reinforcing the idea that school is important.
- Role of parents link.
Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for overseeing data protection within the School so if you do have any questions in this regard, please do contact them on the information below:-
Data Protection Officer: Craig Stilwell
Company: Judicium Consulting Ltd
Address: 72 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6AE
Telephone: 0203 326 9174